Biden Regime Claims Pentagon Military Contractors Will Leave Afghanistan…With a Caveat

U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said on Thursday that Pentagon military contractors will depart from Afghanistan on the planned withdrawal date of Sept. 11 of this year.

“We’re going to responsibly retrograde all of our capabilities that we are responsible for and the contractors fall in that realm as well,” Austin told reporters at a press conference.

The U.S. will continue to provide financial assistance to Afghanistan militants, and Austin has not closed the door on some contractors remaining in the country. He noted that Pentagon contractors have the “ability to renegotiate contracts if they so choose” directly with the Afghan government.

Previously, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley had inferred that some contractors were going to remain in the region indefinitely.

Trending: Foreign Policy Critic Daniel McAdams Gets Kicked off Twitter

“Maintaining logistic support to the Afghan Air Force is a key task … It could be done by contractors,” Milley said. “The intent is to keep the Afghan Air Force in the air and to provide them with continued maintenance support.” 

Liberty Conservative News has reported about the Biden regime’s announcement of a phantom withdrawal of sorts from Afghanistan:

The Biden White House recently announced they would be removing troops from Afghanistan on Sept. 11, 2021, which coincides with the 20-year anniversary of the failed war effort.

However, this is only a pyrrhic victory for supporters of peace and prosperity as Biden administration officials have confirmed that U.S. troops will continue war operations in Afghanistan even after the phony withdrawal.

“We will have the means to see if there is a resurgence, a reemergence of a terrorist threat from Afghanistan,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said. “We’ll be able to see that in real-time with time to take action. And we’re going to be repositioning our forces and our assets to make sure that we guard against the potential reemergence.”

Last week, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin made similar comments to make it clear that the U.S. would not really be ending their occupation of Afghanistan. He stated that the U.S. would continue “paying salaries” and said they could drop bombs in the country if they so choose. He said that troops removed from Afghanistan would likely be relocated to Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan to provoke Russia. 

The removal of troops is little more than a public relations ploy to pacify the public as the military-industrial complex continues to rob the American public blind.”

The U.S. will likely invent some excuse before September to keep troops in Afghanistan. The military-industrial complex will settle for nothing less than the permanent occupation of the Middle East.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.