Taliban Threatens a ‘Reaction’ to Endless U.S. Invasion of Afghanistan, Refuses to Rule Out Spring Offensive

The Taliban is warning that a “reaction” to continued U.S. occupation of Afghanistan will be eminent if they do not pull out all troops by May.

President-imposed Joe Biden has already nullified much of the progress made toward peace in Afghanistan by his predecessor, Donald Trump. His administration has opted for a far more belligerent approach preferred by defense contractors and Pentagon bureaucrats who have a vested interest in forever wars.

“They should go,” Suhail Shaheen, a Taliban negotiator, said to reporters, being adamant that keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan beyond May 1 would violate the terms of their peace agreement. “After that, it will be a kind of violation of the agreement. That violation would not be from our side. . . Their violation will have a reaction.”

Biden has been wishy-washy on the timetable, claiming last week that troops “could be” removed by the May 1 deadline but that it would be “tough” to pull off. He said that the troops would not remain in Afghanistan for much longer than May 1, but the Taliban is quickly running out of patience.

Trending: GOP Senate Obliterates Rand’s Penny Plan, Rejects Balanced Budget in Embarrassing 22-69 Vote

“We hope that this will not happen, that they withdraw and we focus on the settlement, peaceful settlement of the Afghan issue, in order to bring about a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire at the end of reaching a political roadmap (for) Afghanistan,” Shaheen said.

The Taliban has not ruled out a spring offensive to increase hostilities in the country if U.S. troops remain there.

“I started Jihad (holy war) to remove foreign forces from my country and establish an Islamic government and Jihad will continue until we reach that goal through a political agreement,” said Khairullah Khairkhwa, a Taliban negotiator who was among the individuals released from Guantanamo Bay in 2013 after a controversial prisoner exchange.

It is a typical tactic of the military-industrial complex to occupy nations, stoke hostilities with extremist groups, prompt retaliatory attacks, and then use those attacks as an excuse to remain overseas and keep dropping bombs.

Liberty Conservative News has reported on how Pentagon brass and corporate defense officials have known that the Afghanistan war was a lost effort for many years but continue to lie to the public for the purposes of their own power and prestige:

A report released by the Washington Post on Monday has confirmed the obvious: officials in the deep state and the intelligence community have been deliberately lying to the public about the war in Afghanistan for many years.

Journalists perused 2,000 pages of interviews obtained due to a Freedom of Information Act request. In those documents, they discovered that influential U.S. officials have known that the war was a losing effort for years. These perspectives were largely suppressed to the public so the agenda preferred by the military-industrial complex could continue.

“If the American people knew the magnitude of this dysfunction … 2,400 lives lost. Who will say this was in vain?” said retired Army Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute, who advised former presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama on Afghanistan policy, in a Feb. 2015 interview.

Bob Crowley, a former counterinsurgency adviser in Afghanistan from 2013 to 2014, noted that the “truth was rarely welcome” within a military bureaucracy that “just wanted to hear good news, so bad news was often stifled.”

“Every data point was altered to present the best picture possible,” Crowley said. “Surveys, for instance, were totally unreliable but reinforced that everything we were doing was right, and we became a self-licking ice cream cone.”

Lt. Col. Daniel Davis confirmed that Pentagon brass and other interventionist officials knew the war was unwinnable, but knowingly perpetrated lies and allowed troops to die needlessly for a lost cause.

“This stuff has been known,” Davis said.

“It was known at all levels,” he added. “They have known from the beginning that the war was unwinnable, but they continued to say the exact opposite.”

“How many more men still have to die before we finally do the right thing?” he asked.

The U.S. defense and intelligence industries have shown that they will happily send brave young men and women to die for little more than careerism and the pursuit of profit. Two-time Medal of Honor award winner Smedley Butler was correct when he famously opined: “War is a racket.”

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.